Some people can speak easily.
Some people always have difficulty speaking.
Some people never speak at all.
Some people can speak, but at a cost that’s not worth it.
Some people are better off communicating in other ways.
Some people speak sometimes, and type other times.
Some people have words all the time; some don’t.
Some people can speak fluidly, but only on certain topics. (Just like how one can be fluent in some topics in a foreign language, but be unable to read the news).
Some people lose speech at certain levels of stress.
Some people rely on hand movements and stimming in order to find words.
Some people have a monotone and convey tone through motion.
Some people make a lot of mistakes with words, and rely heavily on tone to make themselves understood.
Some people rely heavily on scripts, and only sound normal when they stay on-script.
Some people use phrases from television.
Some people communicate by repeating themselves, and tend to be perceived as not communicating.
Some people say a lot of words they don’t understand, and are perceived as having meant them.
Some people substitute one word for another a lot, and don’t always realize it.
Some people can answer questions even when they’re having trouble initiating speech.
Some people who find speech easy sound odd.
Some people who find speech difficult sound normal.
You don’t really know how someone communicates until you’ve communicated with them substantially, and even then, you only know in the context you’ve communicated in. Appearances can be deceiving.
And it’s important to be aware that all of these things exist.
- shoelessseance reblogged this from realsocialskills
- many-worlds likes this
- twentysevenjesses likes this
- winterispostponed likes this
- han likes this
- arcane-demesne reblogged this from lifeloveandmath
- wibblywobblytimelord reblogged this from tylerthelatteboy
- amostwonderfulhost likes this
- sistertothewolves likes this
- suiraitei reblogged this from riningear
- tectuu likes this
- void-of-emotion likes this
- resetslife likes this
- jitter-doll likes this
- cannibaltarot reblogged this from aldergroves
- crazysmilesandhappyprograms reblogged this from riningear
- rawrpandas reblogged this from riningear
- jovialtendrils reblogged this from riningear
- solarmetronome reblogged this from aldergroves
- jovialtendrils likes this
- solarmetronome likes this
- aldergroves reblogged this from riningear
- aldergroves likes this
- riningear reblogged this from realsocialskills
- fountainpensandmuffintins reblogged this from realsocialskills and added:
- stubborn-string-bones reblogged this from daxsymbiont
- ixylirion reblogged this from skythrown
- cavesofaltamira reblogged this from kittensandscience and added:
- kittensandscience reblogged this from duskroses
- katthekonqueror reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- shulamithbond reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- harleenquinzelsupervillian reblogged this from madamelokiofasgard
- thejournalofimpossiblethings likes this
- madamelokiofasgard reblogged this from formaldehydes
- madamelokiofasgard likes this
- fieldkabuki reblogged this from captain-ray-assbutt
- mquester likes this
- ladyofrainbows reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- starwhal reblogged this from captain-ray-assbutt
- flappingphysicist likes this
- formaldehydes reblogged this from charliekneedles
- yearoftheknife likes this
- charliekneedles reblogged this from captain-ray-assbutt
- goldenheartedrose reblogged this from oklahomosexual
- will-oh-whisper likes this
- to-die-would-be-a-big-adventure reblogged this from marm0zets
- chimerako reblogged this from realsocialskills
- peachandsabre reblogged this from realsocialskills
- marm0zets reblogged this from h-h-h-hey